Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Purikura in Brisbane, yeah!

Purikura is the abbreviation of "purinto kurabu" (print club) used to describe those crazy Japanese photo sticker booths and the little photo stickers they spit out. They're good fun, but I guess the machines are expensive to import because I can't find anywhere that has them cheap here in Brisbane.

I saw one a few months ago at the Logan Hyperdome but it was $15 and looked a bit faded.

Today I went and peeked in at Area 58 in Elizabeth Street arcade in the city (photo above). They have more than one machine, but again, they're either $12 or $15. There was a Japanese lady working there when I went in. I know she was Japanese because I asked her a question and she answered in Japanese, even though I asked in English. I don't think she even realised she did it.

I saw a sign near there for another place called Sense-Q over in Adelaide Street (see map below) and they allegedly even have English instructions, but I have yet to check it out.

I also heard that there's a place at Sunnybank (Market Square), and discovered that they have a website, but I don't know if they're any cheaper than the others. I got a bit excited when I saw the "Machine Hire & Sales" tab on the website, but sadly they don't offer day hire because it takes a day just to set a machine up. No purikura parties just yet I guess.

1 comment:

  1. Great post. I was once checking constantly this weblog and I'm impressed! Extremely useful information specially the closing part :) I maintain such information much. I was previously seeking this kind of information for a extended time. Many thanks and best of luck. my sites:brisbane photo booth hire

    ReplyDelete